Biotin represents a water soluble B vitamin ideal for your body.Biotin will give strength for your hair and nail. It assists your body in processing sugars and fat, besides processing the fat production. Biotin is involved with building blocks creation at a cellular level and is essential to have enough supply of this nutrition. Biotin is essential for pregnant women and expecting mothers must have adequate biotin supply in her diet, to avoid negative effects. The recommended biotin dosage for everyone is 30 micro grams a day.
Top Natural and Healthy Biotin Rich Foods
- Carrots: Carrots are of immense use as it helps with eye general health. Carrots are abundant with biotin and beta-carotene.
- Fruits and Berries: Berries including raspberries and strawberries offer significant amounts of biotin. The advantage of these fruits is that they offer antioxidants and can be bought organic or local.
- Walnuts, Almonds and Other Nuts: You can get biotin through various nuts are this is also a portable way of getting nutrition and proteins in your diet. Nuts such as walnuts, pecans, almond and peanuts are best sources of biotin.
- Halibut: This is a fish containing biotin in large amounts. This is very helpful to your body.
- Swiss chard: This is a top biotin producer. This green plant is a great healthy salad offering a balance diet and antioxidants.
- Cow and Goat’s Milk: Milk, cow or goats milk, is always an excellent source of biotin, besides calcium and many other healthy items.
- Chicken Eggs: Eggs, the egg whites have a specific element that helps in binding the element. Eggs are an excellent source of biotin. However, eating a diet high in egg whites may also be a catalyst for deficiency of biotin. Hence, it is mandatory to consider the eggs to be added in a diet so that vitamin deficiency is averted, if any.
- Vegetables: Fresh vegetables and green leafy vegetables are exceptionally good. Likewise, other vegetables such as cauliflower, cucumbers and onions contain biotin. Hence, these are best to fit into meals. Raw cauliflower one cup offer 0.2 to 4 micro grams biotin. Avocado one whole has 2 to 6 micro grams of this vitamin. Legumes and soybeans contain biotin and other foods containing biotin include nut butters, bananas and mushrooms.
- Yeast: Nutritional and Brewer’s yeast are excellent dietary sources. Whole grains and its products have biotin in respectable amounts that eating whole-wheat bread one slice will offer nearly 0.02 to 6 micro grams of vitamin H.
- Liver: Liver has 27 to 35 micro grams of biotin in cooked liver 3 ounces. Even other meats have good amounts of biotin. Cooked pork of three ounces offers 2 to 4 micro grams of biotin. Biotin is also found in sardines and salmon. In fact, there is 4 to 5 micro grams of biotin in cooked salmon 3 ounce serving.
Ensure to take enough biotin so that it does not affect pregnancy. Expecting mothers can follow a well-planned diet to guard against risks and this is a must for herself and her baby.