Have you ever felt weighed down by your hair loss problems? You’re not alone. A lot of people experience issues with their mental health and emotional state due to hair loss problems.
But have you ever tried using affirmations to shake up the negative feelings in your mind?
Our post today will focus on what affirmations are and how to use them in overcoming negative thoughts about hair loss. We’ll also share our favorite healthy hair growth affirmations so you can get started uplifting your self-esteem and confidence about your hair.
Stay tuned – it’s going to be a lovely hair day today!
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are short statements that help you challenge your negative beliefs and thoughts. These statements are often written in a positive and upbeat tone. Regular use of positive affirmations has been shown to aid people in overcoming negativity and achieving positive changes in their lives.
Positive affirmations are also great stress relievers. Repeating affirmations over and over removes the stressful negative thoughts, replaces it with happy ones, and generally keeps anxiety and stress away.
Are Affirmations Really Effective?
Some people dismiss affirmations, pointing out that these are unrealistic expressions of wishful thinking. But the constant use of affirmations works just like constant physical exercise to train your muscles. Mentally repeating positive statements over and over reprograms the mind and slowly changes your perspectives, thoughts, and actions towards a certain goal.
Ask anyone who has ever experienced hair loss and you’ll know that the condition can be mentally draining. You can restore the confidence and self-esteem of these people by using positive affirmations. In fact, a study even concluded that affirmations have beneficial effects on high-risk people experiencing depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem.
What About Hair Loss and Affirmations?
Our minds and bodies are closely interwoven. We come closest to a harmonious balance of the mind and body when our thoughts are mostly positive, our minds are calmed down, and we’re following a healthy physical lifestyle.
Now, anything that your mind thinks about can greatly impact your body’s physiology. This rings true for hair loss.
If you keep thinking negatively about your hair condition, all your actions will be directed to the negative side. Stress will pile up and that will cause accelerated hair shedding and hair damage.
If you start incorporating positive affirmations to your daily routine, your mind gets used to thinking happy and positive thoughts despite your hair loss. This will ultimately translate to a stress-free mind and healthier scalp and tresses!
Our Favorite Affirmations for Healthy Hair
Now, let’s start this uplifting mind journey to beat hair loss!
Here are 25 present-tense affirmations to shake off the negativity in your thoughts and bring about a fresh positive light to your mind:
- My hair is beautiful, long, and thick.
- I have such gorgeous, lush locks!
- Look how strong my hair is!
- My hair is growing so well and fast!
- I look beautiful in my hair.
- My significant other is in love with my beautiful hair.
- I admire my hair so much.
- I revel in the compliments my family and friends give about my hair.
- I am extremely happy with my hair.
- My hair cells are growing healthier and stronger every single day.
- My tresses look incredible.
- I find joy in seeing my hair grow so fast.
- I love my lush and gorgeous hair.
- My hair is so strong!
- I have hair that’s full of life.
- My scalp is well-hydrated.
- I am experiencing fast hair growth.
- I am sending positive energy to my hair and scalp.
- I fully control the fast growth of my hair.
- I am in complete control of my hair’s health.
- My friends love my hair.
- My hair sways with beauty and grace all the time.
- My thick hair flows beautifully in the wind.
- I love my beautiful hair!
- I only allow positive thoughts to enter my mind all the time.
Now, here are some tips on how to use these affirmations:
- Write the affirmations you can greatly relate with. You can also come up with your own affirmations; just make sure to use ones in the present tense and think of the final results you want to have on your hair. Post this list of affirmations somewhere you can easily reach for them.
- Take a silent moment each morning after you wake up. Stand in front of the mirror and recite the affirmations out aloud. Stating the affirmations by speaking them aloud lets them better penetrate and be retained in your subconscious mind.
- From time to time, find a place in your home or room where you can concentrate and meditate. Sip a cup of relaxing tea and begin to enter a calmer state. Say out the affirmations aloud once again, believing that each phrase will come true right now. You can practice this every weekend where you have lots of extra time on your hands.
Stop telling yourself negative thoughts such as:
- My hair will never grow back.
- My hair looks so lifeless and dull.
- Look at my brittle and weak tresses
Reciting affirmations is a great way to train your mind to become more positive. It soaks your subconscious mind in happy thoughts and drowns out those pesky negative thoughts that affect your hair growth. Affirmations are great tools for relieving stress and giving a boost to your self-confidence and self-esteem. A stress-free mind equals a healthier hair and scalp in physical life!
Couple your affirmation exercises with a good hair care regimen that helps fight off hair loss, and you're sure to get fuller, healthier hair in no time.
Here’s to hoping these positive affirmations resonate well with you! May you have a lovely hair day today!